VOICE Scholarly Work
Publications, presentations, and other resources related to VOICE research.
Publications and Reports
- Faulkner, G., Ramanathan, S., Kwan, M., and the CCWS Expert Panel Group. (2019). Developing a coordinated Canadian post-secondary surveillance system: a Delphi survey to identify measurement priorities for the Canadian Campus Wellbeing Survey (CCWS). BMC Public Health, 19, 935. doi:10.1186/s12889-019-7255-6. [Note: J.L. Bottorff listed as a member of the CCWS Expert Panel]
- Campus Health Voice Project (2019). Cultures of Smoking project: UBC Okanagan. Report submitted to the Canadian Institute for Substance Use Research, British Columbia by the Campus Health Voice Project team (June 4, 2019).
UBCO Smoking Dialogue Report June 2019
- Budgen C., Callaghan D.,Hatt, L., Kurtz, D.L.M., Feddersen M.,Wiebe R., More C., Hamilton, C., & Geddes, A. (2014). Enacting a Framework for Healthy Community Development: Engagment and Outcomes for Student and Faculty Co-researchers. The International Journal of Health, Wellness, and Society, Volume 3 (4). 27-42.
- Budgen C., Callaghan D., Gamble D., Wiebe R., Reimer C., Feddersen M., Dunn S., Johnson R., McHugh N., Morrison H., Sullivan K., Cull I., &Abd-El-Aziz, A., (2011). Creating a healthier campus community using action research and health promotion strategies: Students and organizational leaders as partners. The International Journal of Health, Wellness and Society, Volume 1. 155-176.
Oral Presentations, Media, and Posters
- Bottorff, J. L. (2019). Invited panel member to discuss UBC’s experiences in promoting wellbeing, International Health Promoting Campuses Symposium, Sudima Hotel, Rotorua, New Zealand (April 7, 2019).
- Bottorff, J.L., & Hamilton, C. (2019). Cannabis on campus: Opportunities and challenges for modernizing campus cannabis policies and practices. Oral presentation at the 23rd World International Conference on Health Promotion, Rotorua, NZ (April 7-11, 2019).
- Hamilton, C., Forneris T, Bottorff, J.L., & Kopp, T. (2019). Assessing the feasibility of active study stations on a university campus. Oral presentation at the 23rd World International Conference on Health Promotion, Rotorua, NZ (April 7-11, 2019).
- Taylor, D., Hamilton, C., & Bottorff, J.L., (2018). Food insecurity among university students: Choosing between education and food. Poster presented at the Public Health Association of British Columbia Annual Conference, Vancouver, BC. (November 15-16, 2018).
- Hamilton, C., Hartwig, C., & Forneris, T. (2018). Implementing wellbeing promoting strategies in the classroom setting. Presentation at the 14th annual UBC Okanagan Learning Conference. (May 3, 2018).
- Forneris, T., Hamilton, C., & Bottorff, J. L. (2017). Creating a win-win: Exploring the impact of an active study station on well-being of university students. Presentation at the Canadian Society for Psychomotor Learning and Sport Psychology (SCAPPS) Conference, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Feddersen, M., Hamilton, C., Burgess, J., Black, T., Mroz, M., & Stanton, A. (2017, May 30). Enacting the Okanagan Charter for Health Promoting Universities: Challenges and Opportunities. American College Health Association Conference. Austin, TX, Oral Presentation.
- Hatt, L., Budgen, C., Feddersen, M., Geddes, A., Hamilton, C., Kurtz, D.L.M., More, C., Paul, H., Wiebe, R., & Wright, S. (2014, March 15). Understanding Diverse Perspectives in Healthy Campus Development. International Health, Wellness, and Society Conference, Oral Presentation.
- Budgen, C., Mirwaldt, P., & Feddersen, M. (2014, March 15). Creating Healthier Communities: A Comparison of Two University Campuses. International Health, Wellness, and Society Conference, Oral Presentation.
- Geddes, A,. More, C., & Wright, S. (2014, March) Finding Our VOICE: A Student Perspective on the Benefits of Working as Co-Researchers. Poster presented at the Fourth Annual Conference on Health, Wellness, and Society, Vancouver, BC.
- Geddes, A., Budgen, C., Callaghan, D., Wiebe, R., Feddersen, M., More, C., Reimer, C., Kurtz, D., Dunn, S., McKeown, S., Sobol, B., Bizzotto, R., Kayfish, S., Wilson, R., & Cull, I. (2013). Changing Health Determinants in a University Campus Community: Action Research and Student/Non-Student Partnerships. Poster presented at the Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Conference.
- ‘Student Voices Creating a Healthy Campus Community: Using Action Research on Campus’. (2009, March)NASPA North American Higher Education Student Services Administrators. Dir. Prod. Y Arlington. Perf. C Budgen, I Cull, S Dunn, M Burton, R Wiebe, V Yakong, A Abd El Aziz, C Reimer, A Mulvey, R Bizzotto, A King, B Cavarie, B Glassco, M Forman, B Lalonde, T Kavanagh, A Kiernan and H Cooke. Websedge Media.
- Budgen, C, G Cameron and W Bartfay. ‘Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation’. Community Health Nursing: Caring In Action. Ed. J Hitchcock, P Schubert, S Thomas and W Bartfay. 1st Canadian. Toronto: Nelson, 2010. 284 – 324.
- Budgen, C and G Cameron. ‘Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation’. Community Health Nursing: Caring In Action . Ed. J Hitchcock, P Schubert and S Thomas. 2nd. New York: Delmar Learning, 2003. 370 – 412.
- Budgen, C, L Gamroth and P Sharp. Final Evaluation Report Healthy Weights for Children Project. The Bridge: Youth and Family Services. Feb, 2012. 34 pages.
- Wiebe, R, D Chan and C Budgen. Health and Wellness Self Study: Participatory Evaluation of a Unit. University of British Columbia – Okanagan. 2012. 75 pages.
- Feddersen, M, C Budgen and J Bryans. Smoke Free at UBC and Okanagan College: The First Year. UBC Okanagan. Apr 15, 2009. submitted to Health Canada pages.
- Janicki, L, C Budgen and RG Wilson. Student Experience with Health and Wellness: An Evaluation of Services. 2009. 7 pages.
- Budgen, C and L Malinsky. Project Evaluation Annual Report On Okanagan Similkameen Community Action Program For Children. Health Canada. Jun 30, 2008.
- Feddersen, M, C Budgen, D Gamble and J Bryans. Tobacco Policy Development and Implementation At UBC (Vancouver and Okanagan) and Okanagan College: Final Report. Apr 15, 2008. submitted to Health Canada pages.
- Budgen, C and L Malinsky. Project Evaluation Annual Report On Okanagan Similkameen Community Action Program For Children. Health Canada. Jun 30, 2007.
- Feddersen, M, C Budgen, J Bryans, D Gamble and L Shuttleworth. A Multi-Campus Approach to Tobacco Control Policy Development and Implementation, WAVES Peer Health Education and Development of a Web Based Cessation program. Health Canada. Apr, 2006.
- Struik, L, J Bottorff, M Jung, and . ‘Reaching Adolescent Girls through Social Networking: A New Avenue for Smoking Prevention Messages ‘. Canadian Journal of Nursing Research. 44.3 (2011): 84 – 103.
- Baillie, L, D Callaghan, J Bottorff, J Bassett-Smith, C Budgen and M Feddersen. ‘A Review of Undergraduate University Tobacco Control Policy in Canada’. HEALTH EDUCATION RESEARCH. doi:10.1093 /her/cyp026 (May 2009).
- Hilton, A, C Budgen, A Molzahn and C Attridge. ‘Measurement Of Client Outcomes At A Nursing Centre’. Journal Of Public Health Nursing. 18.5 (2001): 327 – 339.
If you have any questions regarding the above literature or other resources please contact us directly